HP printer users seems not to get enough on knowing how to solve their usual printer problems, since our related posts about them are indeed gaining page views. That’s why we’re going to continue helping you and providing you with the most efficient ways possible to take care of your HP printers without breaking a sweat and having to confuse yourself with all the technical terms you hear from Tech Support.
For today’s article, we’re going to give you the instructions on how you can perform a hard reset on your HP DeskJet or PhotoSmart Printer. The following steps came from HP Support to make sure that it will really work and won’t disappoint you.
First, a hard reset is usually done when your printer shows “incorrect color cartridge installation” error or when your printer detects a problem regarding your cartridge, where a software flag is set inside your printing device. This software flag might not reset until you have performed a hard reset on your printer.
How to Perform a Hard Reset on HP DeskJet and HP PhotoSmart Printers
- Step 1 – First, make sure that your HP DeskJet/HP PhotoSmart printer is turned on.
- Step 2 – Open the front cover of your HP printer and carefully remove both of the cartridges.
- Step 3 – Unplug the printer’s power cord from the outlet and other cables from the printer.
- Step 4 – After 30 seconds, plug back the power cord the same as the other cables to your HP DeskJet/HP PhotoSmart printer.
- Step 5 – Open the printer and re-install the HP inkjet cartridges back.
- Step 6 – Switch the printer on.
- Step 7 – Print a test page to make sure that it is working properly. If the problem persists, then resort on changing the ink cartridges.
ColorTonerExpert offers an extensive selection of compatible & remanufactured HP inkjet cartridges for HP DeskJet and HP PhotoSmart printers. Get the most quality prints from your reliable HP inkjet printers at much much lower costs with the ink cartridges from ColorTonerExpert. The selection include black ink cartridges, tri-color cartridges, individual color ink cartridges and high capacity cartridges that covers almost all HP inkjet printer models.
All our compatible & remanufactured ink cartridges are all quality-tested to ensure that it matches their OEM counterparts for quality printing and customers’ 100% satisfaction. Plus, shipping is free on all ink cartridges with no minimum order required or coupon code needed.